You can submit your building permit application and required plans in person at our office, located at 11 Spooner Street, P.O. Box 7095, McKerrow, ON, P0P 1M0. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment, 705-869-0225.
You can submit your building permit application by saving the completed application (PDF file) and email it to the Building Controls Department. You must also attach all the applicable plans and specifications (Must in a PDF format) with your application form. If you are unable to attach the required files to the application email, you may submit them in person or via mail and please indicate in the email that you are submitting the plans at a later date.
Typically, a complete submission should include:
- Complete building permit application
- Schedule 1 – Designer Information (Homeowners may be exempt from these designer requirements. Please contact the Building Controls Department if you are unsure if this applies to your project).
- Schedule 2 – Sewage System Installer Information (If applicable).
- 2 sets of all plans and specifications, with an architect’s/engineer’s seal or BCIN from a qualified designer (Please contact the Building Controls Department if you are unsure if this applies to your project).
- Site/Plot Plan which shows the proposed/existing location of the structure in relation to your property.
- Additional items may be required (As determined by the Chief Building Official at the time of application).
- Permit fees to be paid at the time of application (In person via cash or cheque or by mail via cheque).
The application will be considered incomplete until all required plans are submitted (and received) and payment is received.